Prison of Silence

I used to have lots of tantrums. 

It is because I couldn’t communicate. It was very frustrating. 

I couldn’t talk, I couldn’t use sign language, I couldn’t use AAC. 

I felt trapped, I felt pain, I felt frustrated.

I hit myself, I hit my family, I hit my friends.


After I use RPM, I am able to communicate. I am able to talk using the letterboard. 

I am free from the prison of silence. 

I am free to express myself.

Few people in the world understand what it is like to not have a voice. 

It is the most painful experience I have ever had.

I am happy that I can talk now. 

I want to help others.

Everyone deserves to communicate!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a beautiful and insightful reflection. Thank you for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother

Year end reflection