Ecstatic


Today I went to see Lenae. I was very excited. I was nervous. I worried that she might be disappointed. I didn’t know if I had made enough progress. I was really worried that she could be disappointed about my progress. I was so relieved at the end that I was able to show her what I could do. I am so happy.

I was able to spell on the iPad.

I was able to type and speak.

I was able to write and speak.

I was able to hold the letterboard and spell.

I am so proud of myself. 

I love you mom. I am grateful for having you there to always push me and believe in me. I really appreciate it.

I am so ecstatic. 

Comments

S said…
Hi Yi, that is so awesome that you feel heard. You and your parents ROCK!!

my brother in law is a little older than you, he’s turning 40 this year and unfortunately he didn’t get the same help when he was growing up. Any advice as to how I can start him using the RPM? The only other challenge is that he learned Arabic and does t speak English. I don’t speak Arabic and I want to help him feel free, communicate and don’t have tantrums. He is visiting me in May, any advice you can give will help me. Thank you :)
Yi said…
Hi sorry that we didn’t see this until now. Please see this post by Yanling, Yi’s mom. It has links at the bottom with more info about RPM.
https://ylwdesign.medium.com/hope-i-can-talk-c0fe29113f8f

I don’t know how to make this work for Arabic. But the idea should be the same, you give him something so he can type or spell words. You can learn more here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15f-ZHRUQnJhvyLL_AW74LrZfBrtBx4lCnHxJROlpjsM/mobilebasic#

Popular posts from this blog

Prison of Silence

Year end reflection

My Brother