Year end reflection


I was in a public school in the special needs room where they taught me baby stuff. I am now at OMS, a private inclusion school where I learn grade level curriculum. 

It has been a transitional year for me. 
I am reborn.

I am so proud of myself.

I am here with a voice.

I am smart.

I am teachable.

I am a genius.

It is the public schools that failed me.


I especially want to say to the people 

who didn’t believe in me: 

You are wrong.

You destroyed me.

You made me feel like killing myself.


But I am strong.

I am going to live a meaningful life.

I am going to help others who cannot talk.

It is important to me that I want to tell my stories 

so that more people understand people like me.

I want to be heard.

I have a voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prison of Silence

My Brother