Grandpa

It has been six years since my grandparents left. I still remember what it felt like. My grandpa was very kind. I felt very sad when he died. Today I am able to tell mom how much I miss him. I wish I could see him again.

[mom’s note] 

Looking back at a post I shared in a parent support group on May 26, 2019, it showed that it was the day my father-in-law passed away. Yi was having big tantrums that weekend. He hadn’t had tantrums for a while and I was having a hard time watching him like that. Back then I didn’t know why. Now I know, Yi was expressing his sadness through tantrums… 




Comments

Simone said…
What a beautiful way to honor the memory of your grandparents. I’m sure they would be thrilled to read your words!
Janice Jung said…
I am a friend of your mom, and I remember how sad your mom was when your grandpa passed away. Indeed, he sounded like an amazing person. I feel he would have know he was loved, and I am sure he is so proud of how you are honoring him.
Tony Costello said…
I think you are very brave for talking about your feelings so openly! I like this quote: 'what is grief, but love persisting'? My mom died a while ago and it makes me sad to think about it. But when that happens, I try to remember the good times to cheer me up again. I hope this helps you when you think of your grandpa!

Popular posts from this blog

Prison of Silence

My Brother

Year end reflection